Pop by 'n say hi!
Valentine’s Day Savings
Valentine’s day doesn’t have to be expensive… perhaps you’re saving up to give you’re loved one the dream wedding or for special holiday for the two of you. If that’s you and it’s not all about the money, here are ten tips from a Guardian article on Valentine’s Day Savings.
It’s the thought that counts!
- Eat out for less
- Dine in for even less
- Cut the cost of chocolates
- Don’t overpay to say it with flowers You can get a dozen roses from M&S couriered for £22 or even cheaper at £20 from Debenhams. See Money Saving Expert for the links.
- Find something free to do Our London Photography Guide features several free exhibitions worth visiting this weekend: follow this link. You could combine with a walk, taking in your favourite spots in the capital.
- Get creative
- Find cheap treats
- Book a budget break Valentine’s Day savings can stretch to a break… Daily Mirror Lifestyle have five last minute Low Cost Holidays including Prague,Lisbon and Munich.
- Cheap cinema tickets
- Get something they really want
Find vouchers for a restaurant that serves your loved one’s favourite dish: skiddle have Valentine’s Offers and Deals, just enter your town to start a local search.
Create a more special, intimate ambiance in your own home and knock up a treat in the kitchen to save a little too. If you’re no Delia Smith then you can still save: search google for 2 for £20 gourmet dine in vouchers for M&S. For champagne that doesn’t cost the Earth, Money Saving Expert have details of £10 Louvel Fontaine Chagne Brut from Asda, or if you have a little more to spend, splash out at Lidl on Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut (enjoy responsibly – see Drinkaware).
Pop down to your local stationery store for materials to make a special Valentine’s card. If arts and crafts and your strong point, it might be easier to start by printing a photo of your valentine and ad libing or just getting creative in Photoshop by putting an album together. If you’re still struggling, pop down to your local Lidl with a pound and get one of their cards.
After you’ve worked your magic in the kitchen why not put the cherry on top with a relaxing massage? Bodyshop have divine calming relaxing massage oil for £8. Alternatively, if you’re partner’s not into massage, Pop Sugar have 51 Affordable gifts.
Skip the cinema: get a DVD or stream a film for more choice – one popular online streaming services has a free month’s trial period – just remember to set a reminder on your phone to cancel before the trial period ends.
The simplest way to get Valentine’s Day savings is to find out what your partner really wants – it could save you splurging out on flowers, chocolates and romantic surprises that aren’t appreciated.
That’s if for Valentine’s Day Savings. Look out for post later this week for more on Valentine’s Day.
Visit our site for more images and to find out a little about our work.